Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Maybe...

The blooming flowers, once blossoming bright
Now look so weak, so dull, so trite
Maybe tomorrow'll bring back the hue
Buds so tender bathed in dew;

My source of joy, the mesmerizing blue sky
Now a smoky grey, makes my tears run dry
Maybe tomorrow'll be my ally
Give me wings again and help me fly;

The sparkling river, my friend in despair
Seems to have vanished into thin air
Maybe tomorrow'll restore the faith
Pristine waters of love will again percolate;

The songs of the birds used to set me free
All I can hear now are echoes eerie
Maybe tomorrow'll return the tune
The melody that made us to all sorrow immune;

The harmony of the world used to inspire
Now everywhere I look people plot and conspire
Maybe tomorrow our belief will revive
In the sole reason that keeps us all alive...

...the eternally burning flame that we call HOPE

2 comments: