Saturday, September 23, 2006

Rise & Shine!


I was anguished, I was lonely, I was desolate
Lost in humanity, I had all faith
Cribbed over my destiny, cursed my fate
Wished all my woes could just evaporate;

Knew not what to do, I wandered by the pool
The breeze laughed at me, called me a fool
Was on the brink of losing my head
Down flew a little birdie, this is what she said:

"The times are bad, the times are rough
But this is when you get to prove that you've got the stuff
You've got what it takes to get over this
To bring back into life that elusive bliss;

This is not a trial, this is not a test
It is but an opportunity to prove you're the best
To prove you can go on when progress seems futile
To prove you can walk on mile after mile;

Your big chance this could be, your moment of glory
On every pair of lips could be your amazing story
Stand up, forge ahead, you can turn around the tide
On the crest of success, take a wild ride;

Rise from the ashes, wash away the grime
Waiting out there for you is ecstasy sublime
Have no fear, get up, take a stand,
I'm your guardian angel, till eternity holding your hand";

Away the birdie flew, left me in a daze
Feel I could in my soul, the fire once again blaze
Jostling me awake, again the breeze flew,
Said tough times don't last, but tough people do."

15 comments:

  1. Hadnt thought about it a lot and as I read this again it I couldnt stop appreciating. Fly away sweetie and leave behind all pain and pangs of anxiety which hold you...Fly away..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis.... Gotta tell you... these poems are fantastic!!! Do more of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dreamyeyedfool,

    Your poems are amazing. I think the little birdie is none other than yourself, your inner voice. Everyone has his/her own little birdie which is seldom given permission to speak out. those who allow it rarely follow it. and there are a few who dare to dream, and those are the ones who should follow the birdie, else dreams will remain dreams forever. keep going on, feed and nourish your little birdie. it will be your lantern in darkness, your trusted friend in adversity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chennoj: Thank you very much! I'm unable to visit your blog, blogger seems to be throwing up some error...hope you see this if you visit my blog again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you write em? If yes just one word amazing . Can I copy them if needed , just being polite ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kewl ...
    Poem sounds amazing ..
    nice ryting style[;)]
    keep ryting .....
    tc
    happy bloggin

    ReplyDelete
  7. few quality poems at last !!! someone who actually writes poems for poems.
    good one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The little Birdie is nice. I never thought you had this unique talent in you.

    You might want to check out http://jebasms.spaces.live.com/?_c11_BlogPart_BlogPart=blogview&_c=BlogPart&partqs=cat%3dPoems

    ReplyDelete
  10. umm.....what's hurt you soo bad ???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Didnt know you write and that too so well!! Awesome yaar...keep them coming!!

    -Saru

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice poems.. lot of depth in them... hats off to ur amazing poetry...

    ReplyDelete